Sunday, January 10, 2010

Not Gonna Stick To The Status Quo

Once again, I'm struck with how flippin' old I am. This weekend, I had my last EVER opportunity to be a part of DiscipleNow Weekend as a student. But every thing about this weekend could be classified as a God thing.


My small group was... well, small. Four girls total - very odd for DNWs.


My small group leader was... just like us. Not only in her love of acting silly, but also her past. Some part of her life identified almost exactly with some part of each of ours. Personally, she helped me realize some things about past relationships with guys, and also my relationship with God.


Oh, and the drummer... so cute - But don't tell him I said so :)



Needless to say, it was definitely a positive note to end on. The theme was "Centered," in reference to Hebrews 12:2 and the idea of allowing Christ to be the center of our lives.



"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus..."

We've got to decide to focus in on Him, to "jump" into unknown territory if necessary.



"...the author and perfector of our faith..."

He came up with the idea of faith, and offers us Himself to have faith in. Through all things (good and bad, alike), He perfects our faith. Yes, all things.



"...who for the joy set before Him,..."

He did whatever comes next for the object of His smile. We are His joy.



"endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the Father."

For a bunch of nobodys, He endured the worst death imaginable - the most shameful, the most painful... and on top of all that, He was separated from His heavenly Father. For me. [Think of that horrible, sickening, burdened feeling you get when you know there's a sin in your life that is keeping you from a healthy relationship with God. Now multiply that one sin times every sin anyone who has or will ever live has or will ever commit, and imagine housing that feeling in your own heart, even for a split second. That's what Jesus endured.] And through all of that, He still managed to overcome it, without any aid... and restore His seat on the throne.



That's just a little snippet...



The band, Riverside Worship Project, played truly amazing songs... They write a lot of their own. They say that if you sing a song you don't know as well, you're more likely to truly worship (i.e. pay attention to the words you're singing). And that's really what happened.

You can check them out at
http://www.myspace.com/riversideworshipproject



My group leader, Caitlyn Sweet was awesome (like I mentioned before). Our group really went well with her... If you watch this video of her from a while back, you'll see what I mean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6whORdKozK8

Anyways, I've got to go back to school for a little while :/ I promise to put more up later. God showed me a lot about myself this weekend. Stay tuned:)

No comments:

Post a Comment